Friday, March 1, 2013

New video from David Kilgour - "Diamond Mine" from Left By Soft

If you've been with us for a while, you know we're partial to some of the great New Zealand artists - and my favorite is David Kilgour. His guitar work is just wonderful, and nowhere is it better than on the long song "Diamond Mine" from his 2011 album Left By Soft (WYMA review here). Check out this new video, and tell me if you agree:



This album was #4 on my "Best of 2011" list - and I listened to a lot of stuff that year. If anything, I like it even more now. Those guitars...

Let's hope this means a new Kilgour album will be coming from Merge sooner rather than later. In the meantime, if you want to look at (and perhaps buy) some of his artwork as seen in parts of this video, you can do that at his website.

1 comment:

Edoc said...

One of my very favorite artists, since I read a review of Here Come the Cars back in the early 90's.