Friday, October 23, 2015

Neon Indian - VEGA INTL. Night School

How does one address VEGA INTL. Night School?  My humble suggestion is just to surrender yourself to it.  Neon Indian has created a delightful synth-based dish of electronica, EDM, funk, new wave, disco, and reggae that works equally well as your party soundtrack or your late night private head trip.  Plenty of accents come from the tropics, and some with an '80s vibe, but nothing sounds particularly dated here, just moved into the future and decorated with more interesting details than a department store Christmas tree.  I can't listen to this album without envisioning strobe lights, moving bodies, flesh, touching, and passion.  Even if I listen to it sitting in a chair, I feel as if I should a shower afterword to freshen up.  And I think Neon Indian would find that to be a compliment.







Facebook
Twitter
Night School webpage

No comments: