Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Redspencer - Redspencer EP

At the risk of being overly bossy, I think that everyone needs a bit of Redspencer in their lives.  I think that David, Aiden and Andre would agree, but they have a clear bias as they are the members of the band.  The trio resides in Melbourne, and plays melodic guitar pop that to my ears is perfect for the transition from summer to fall.  The recently released a four-song EP via home town label Deaf Ambitions, and I give it my firm endorsement.  From the shimmering opener "Everyday" to the garage pop of "Happy Slow Riverbends" to the dreamy showcase tune "Ride It Out" to the county-inflected closer "Someday's Gone", there isn't a bad note in the set.  The only complaint I could muster is that there weren't enough of them.  But because I'm a self-help kind of guy, I found an older track that is available to download and linked in below.  But don't let that stop you from getting this EP.  You'll have it on repeat.






And here is a video for Respencer's song "Tell", which can be downloaded for free here.



Facebook
Bandcamp for Redspencer EP
Soundcloud
Twitter
Deaf Ambitions

No comments: